Should I Invest in UK Property in 2021?
Before we get into the nitty-gritty of this guide, it’s important to address if investing in property in UK 2021 is a good idea for you.
First and foremost, there are five main reasons why you should invest in UK property in 2021.
- UK house prices are growing at the fastest rate since 2004.
- Rent is currently £1,061 pcm on average, according to HomeLet Rental Index – the highest-ever recorded.
- Property demand is high, with buyer demand per property for sale more than double pre-pandemic levels.
- House prices are set to rise by up to 28.0% by 2025, according to Savills.
- Bricks and mortar is a reliable asset that performs well during times of uncertainty.
However, while we think investing in property in the UK is an excellent choice, the reality is it won’t be for everyone.
Property can be expensive, with UK property price averages currently at an all-time high of over £250k.
As you will find out later, you’ll likely need around £30k to initially secure some of the most affordable buy to let properties on the market.
Likewise, property is a long-term investment, as you will need to allow the asset to grow in value for the best returns.
While there are ways to reduce the costs involved, it’s important to know that there are other strategies in the UK that could be more suited to your budget and investment goals.
If you’re asking how to invest money in the UK, there are currently several popular investment strategies, including:
- Rental Property
- Invest in Shares
- Shares Isas
- Current Account
- Investment platforms
Regardless of your budget, we have perfect guides that evaluate each of these strategies based on your budget and the return potential on offer.
Our guides include: